Gain the skills required for enriching your business management knowledge that may assist in furthering a career in Business Management.
+ Team Leader
+ Duration: 26 weeks
Local students No
International students Yes
How can I study?
This course is available via on campus, and virtually. Call us to discuss your study options.
- National Code:BSB42618
- CRICOS Code: 098625A
- Units: 10 units (4 core + 6 elective)
- Location: Level 9, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, 3000
- Delivery Mode: This qualification is delivered through a blend of formal face to face classes at MCIE campus and online self-paced learning. (15 hours classroom delivery & approximately 5 hours online learning per week)
- Assessment: Methods for assessment include written Q&A, observations, research assignments or projects
- Duration: 26 weeks (including holidays)
- Prior Experience: Recognition of Prior Learning & Credit Transfer are available
- Tuition Fee: $4,250
- Materials Fee: $250
- Administration Fee: $200
The Certificate IV in New Small Business is a great start for those establishing a small business. This qualification is about gaining the skills and knowledge to build leadership capability. You could become…
- Team Leader
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
An English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent internationally recognised exam result in line with DHA regulations or;
- satisfactorily completing ELICOS at Upper Intermediate level from a NEAS endorsed English Training Centre or;
- completion of secondary studies equivalent or
higher to an Australian Year 11 qualification from an English-speaking country or;
- completion of MCIE English Placement Test with an overall score of 5.5 or above;
- other tests like PTE, TOEFL and OET are also considered equivalent for direct entry into MCIE VET courses.
Other entry requirements include:
Academic: Completion of senior high school or equivalent to the Australian Year 11 of education
Regulatory: A current and valid passport, A valid study visa that covers the duration of study for the course
Age at Commencement: MCIE will not accept overseas students who would be under 18 years of age at the time of proposed commencement
Special Consideration: Students who have completed one year of study in Australia (Cert III, AQF Qualification or above) are exempt from submitting Year 11 qual or equivalent + IELTS results
Students require a laptop or tablet with the MS Office suite, at minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs installed. If students do not own this, they can purchase a Notebook computer through MCIE for an additional $250 resource fee.
Training is delivered ‘face to face’ by qualified trainers and students are required to attend each scheduled class. The trainer will moderate the learning pace, method and sequence appropriate to the learning needs. Learning methods will vary and can include case study scenarios, field trips, ‘hands-on’ practical classes, role-play techniques, discussions, presentations and assignments.
Assessment tasks and strategies cover a wide range of methods and may include the creation of specific written documents, projects or reports, formal questions (multiple choice, short and long answer), practical demonstrations, small or large group tasks, oral presentations, problem-solving tasks, case studies and discussions. Broadly classroom assessments have two or three assessment tasks for each unit of competency or module. As a general rule for major assessments, students are provided with task assessment instructions including the date the task is due for completion.
BSBSMB401 Establish and legal and risk managements requirements of small business
BSBSMB403 Market the small business
BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
BSBSMB421 Manage small business finances
BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
This is Nationally Recognised Training,
leading to Australian Qualififcations
Framework (AQF) qualification or a
Statement of Attainment.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.