The Certificate IV in Business aims to provide graduates with the entry level business skills required for the roles of Project Officer or Administrator.
+ Project Officer
+ Business Administration
+ Clerical Worker
+ Duration: 26 weeks
Local students No
International students Yes
How can I study?
This course is available via on campus, and virtually. Call us to discuss your study options.
- National Code: BSB40215
- CRICOS Code: 092957G
- Units: 10 units (1 core + 9 elective)
- Location: Level 9, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, 3000
- Delivery Mode: This qualification is delivered through a blend of formal face to face classes at MCIE campus and online self-paced learning. (15 hours classroom delivery & approximately 5 hours online learning per week)
- Assessment: Methods for assessment include written Q&A, observations, research assignments or projects
- Duration: 26 weeks (including holidays)
- Prior Experience: Recognition of Prior Learning & Credit Transfer are available
- Tuition Fee: $4,250
- Materials Fee: $550
- Administration Fee: $200
The Certificate IV in Business will help you become a business professional. You will gain valuable administration and communication skills. You could become…
- Project Officer
- Business Administrator
- Clerical Worker.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
An English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent internationally recognised exam result in line with DHA regulations or
- satisfactorily completing ELICOS at Upper Intermediate level from a NEAS endorsed English Training Centre or
- completion of secondary studies equivalent or higher to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an
English-speaking country or
- completion of MCIE English Placement Test with an overall score of 5.5 or above
- other tests like PTE, TOEFL and OET are also considered equivalent for direct entry into MCIE VET courses
Other entry requirements include:
Academic: Completion of senior high school or equivalent to the Australian Year 11 of education
Regulatory: A current and valid passport, A valid study visa that covers the duration of study for the course
Age at Commencement: MCIE will not accept overseas students who would be under 18 years of age at the time of proposed commencement
Special Consideration: Students who have completed one year of study in Australia (Cert III, AQF Qualification or above) are exempt from submitting Year 11 qual or equivalent + IELTS results
Students require a laptop or tablet with the MS Office suite, at minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs installed. If students do not own this, they can purchase a Notebook computer through MCIE for an additional $250 resource fee.
Training is delivered ‘face to face’ by qualified trainers and students are required to attend each scheduled class. The trainer will moderate the learning pace, method and sequence appropriate to the learning needs. Learning methods will vary and can include case study scenarios, field trips, ‘hands-on’ practical classes, role-play techniques, discussions, presentations and assignments.
Assessment tasks and strategies cover a wide range of methods and may include the creation of specific written documents, projects or reports, formal questions (multiple choice, short and long answer), practical demonstrations, small or large group tasks, oral presentations, problem-solving tasks, case studies and discussions. Broadly classroom assessments have two or three assessment tasks for each unit of competency or module. As a general rule for major assessments, students are provided with task assessment instructions including the date the task is due for completion.
BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBSMB421 Manage small business finances
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
BSBREL401 Establish networks
BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
This is Nationally Recognised Training,
leading to Australian Qualifications
Framework (AQF) qualification or a
Statement of Attainment.
Great course to start your carrer in Business.