Do you want to be a child care cook? We will help place you into work in a child care centre.
+ Child Care Cook
+ Duration: 4 days
+ Work placement: We place you into work
Local students Yes
International students Yes
How can I study?
This course is available on campus in the CBD. Call us to discuss your study options.
Have you thought about cooking for children in child care? There is a strong demand for cooks who understand and can meet the nutritional and individual needs of children. MCIE is a forerunner in the industry providing specialist training to prepare qualified chefs to cook for children in the care of regulated early childhood education and care services.
This course is for inspiring and motivated Cooks who would like to us their culinary flair to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of children and work in kitchens of early learning educational and childcare settings.
Introduction to Childcare learning environments
Expectation from a cook in a Childcare Centre
Policies and procedures related to food in a childcare setting
Develop skills to plan and serve a nutritious, well balanced menu which is appealing and exciting for children
Knowledge and skills to cater to dietary requirements and allergies
Food safety plan documentation and maintenance requirements
Hands on practical training in MCIE training kitchen
- Completed a minimum of SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Valid WWC – Working With Children Check
- Police Check Child Protection Certificate
- Desire and passion to work with children
- Committed to the health of children
- Understand children’s nutritional and cultural needs
- Prepare nutritional and healthy food in accordance to workplace requirements
- Plan and cater for all allergies and dietary requirements
- Ensure presentation of food is appealing and exciting for children
- Interact with children in a positive and warm way about their food
- A positive team player who is happy to regularly engage with children, staff, and families
- Flexibility to work in shifts including early morning hours
- Adhere to all policies about hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and other workplace areas
Great short course to become a chef in child care
Love this short course – very informative