Diploma of Leadership & Management offers the opportunity to learn about and develop skills and knowledge in relationship building, critical thinking, complex problem solving and project management.
+ Department Manager
+ Team Leader
+ Team Coordinator
+ Project Lead
+ Department Head
+ Duration: 1 year
Local students No
International students Yes
How can I study?
This course is available via on campus, and virtually. Call us to discuss your study options.
- National Code: BSB50420
- CRICOS Code: 098759J
- Units: 12units (6 core + 6 electives)
- Location: Level 9, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, 3000
- Delivery Mode: This qualification is delivered through a blend of formal face to face classes at MCIE campus and online self-paced learning. (15 hours classroom delivery & approximately 5 hours online learning per week)
- Assessment: Methods for assessment include written Q&A, observations, research assignments or projects
- Duration: 1 year
- Prior Experience: Recognition of Prior Learning & Credit Transfer are available
- Tuition Fee: $9,000
- Materials Fee: $250
- Administration Fee: $200
A nationally recognised qualification in Leadership and Management is about developing the skills and knowledge in relationship building, critical thinking, complex problem solving and project management. You could become…
- Department Manager
- Team Leader
- Team Coordinator
- Project Lead
- Department Head
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
An English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent internationally recognised exam result in line with DHA regulations or;
- satisfactorily completing ELICOS at Upper Intermediate level from a NEAS endorsed English Training Centre or;
- completion of secondary studies equivalent or higher to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an
English-speaking country or;
- completion of MCIE English Placement Test with an overall score of 6 or above;
- other tests like PTE, TOEFL and OET are also considered equivalent for direct entry into MCIE VET courses.
Other entry requirements include:
Academic: Completion of senior high school or equivalent to the Australian Year 12 of education
Regulatory: A current and valid passport, A valid study visa that covers the duration of study for the course
Age at Commencement: MCIE will not accept overseas students who would be under 18 years of age at the time of proposed commencement
Special Considerations: Students who have completed one year of study in Australia (Cert III, AQF Qualification or above) are exempt from submitting Year 12 qual or equivalent + IELTS results
Students require a laptop or tablet with the MS Office suite, at minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs installed.
Training is delivered ‘face to face’ by qualified trainers and students are required to attend each scheduled class. The trainer will moderate the learning pace, method and sequence appropriate to the learning needs. Learning methods will vary and can include case study scenarios, field trips, ‘hands-on’ practical classes, role-play techniques, discussions, presentations and assignments.
Assessment tasks and strategies cover a wide range of methods and may include the creation of specific written documents, projects or reports, formal questions (multiple choice, short and long answer), practical demonstrations, small or large group tasks, oral presentations, problem-solving tasks, case studies and discussions. Broadly classroom assessments have two or three assessment tasks for each unit of competency or module. As a general rule for major assessments, students are provided with task assessment instructions including the date the task is due for completion.
There is a strong focus on practical business management knowledge and we focus our training on equipping our students with skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts.
MCIE was founded on a spirit of entrepreneurism and this is reflected in the message we share with our students. Some of our students go on to run successful small businesses which are now in the expansion phase because of the lessons they have learned in the classroom. We have also had students study Early Childhood Education and Hospitality with us who go on to study a Business qualification with the aim of setting up their own small business.
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
BSBOPS505 Manage organisational customer service
BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
This is Nationally Recognised Training,
leading to Australian Qualifications
Framework (AQF) qualification or a
Statement of Attainment.
I highly recommend MCIE!. Really good course with awesome teachers!