This Diploma of Social Media Marketing aims to provide graduates with the social media and digital marketing knowledge and skills required to perform the functions associated with roles such as Digital Manager and Social Media Marketing Manager.
These skills include review and evaluation of operational marketing strategies, understanding social media platforms, engaging with clients, using organisation visions to inform social media design developing digital content, using digital profiles to increase brand awareness and managing a team to develop a social media marketing strategy and review strategy.
DIPLOMA OF SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING DETAILS
- National Code: 10118NAT
- Fees: Special price for first two intake dates: $6,600
- Units: 8 units (5 core & 3 elective)
- Location: 250 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Delivery Mode: This qualification is delivered through a blend of formal face to face classes at MCIE campus and online self-paced learning. (5 Class Hours per week & approx. 15 hours online learning)
- Duration: 52 weeks (including holidays)
- Assessment: Assessment strategies are significantly project based and will include some presentation work.
- Prior experience: RPL & Credit Transfer is available
- CRICOS Code: 097392K
- Resources Fee: $550
RESOURCES PROVIDED BY STUDENT
Students require a laptop or tablet with the MS Office suite, at minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs installed. If students do not own this, they can purchase a Notebook computer through MCIE for an additional $250 resource fee.
You could become…
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Executive
- Social Media Marketing Manager
An English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
• IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent internationally recognised exam result in line with DHA regulations
• Satisfactory completion of ELICOS from a NEAS approved institute
• Passing of the MCIE International Student Placement Test
Other entry requirements include:
• Academic: Completion of senior high school or equivalent to the Australian Year 12 of education
• Regulatory: A current and valid passport, A valid study visa that covers the duration of study for the course, A current police clearance check from your country
• Age at Commencement: MCIE will not accept overseas students who would be under 18 years of age at the time of proposed commencement
• Special Considerations: Students who have completed one year of study in Australia (Cert III, AQF Qualification or above) are exempt from submitting Year 12 qual or equivalent + IELTS results
DELIVERY & ASSESSMENT
Training is delivered ‘face to face’ by qualified trainers and students are required to attend each scheduled class. The trainer will moderate the learning pace, method and sequence appropriate to the learning needs. Learning methods will vary and can include case study scenarios, field trips, ‘hands-on’ practical classes, role-play techniques, discussions, presentations and assignments.
Assessment tasks and strategies cover a wide range of methods and may include the creation of specific written documents, projects or reports, formal questions (multiple choice, short and long answer), practical demonstrations, small or large group tasks, oral presentations, problem-solving tasks, case studies and discussions. Broadly classroom assessments have two or three assessment tasks for each unit of competency or module. As a general rule for major assessments, students are provided with task assessment instructions including the date the task is due for completion.
This Diploma of Social Media Marketing aims to provide graduates with the social media and digital marketing knowledge and skills required to perform the functions associated with roles such as Digital Manager and Social Media Marketing Manager, including review and evaluation of operational marketing strategies, understanding social media platforms, engaging with clients, using organisation visions to inform social media design developing digital content, using digital profiles to increase brand awareness and managing a team to develop a social media marketing strategy and review strategy.
SMMBCM501A Plan, implement and manage blog and content marketing
SMMSM502A Plan, implement and manage mainstream social media marketing strategies
SMMNSM503A Plan, implement and manage niche social media marketing strategies
SMMBPB504A Establish and build a strong personal brand in social media
SMMEMS505A Plan, implement and manage email marketing
BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments
BSBMKG523 Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan, and
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work