Social Media Marketing is one of the fastest growing industries worldwide with strong employment opportunities. This course takes a comprehensive look at the world of marketing through social media.
+ Digital Marketing Coordinator
+ Digital Marketing Specialist
+ Marketing Executive
+ Social Media Marketing Manager
+ Duration: 1 year
Local students No
International students Yes
How can I study?
This course is available via on campus, and virtually. Call us to discuss your study options.
- National Code:10904NAT
- CRICOS Code: 097392K
- Units: 9 units (6 core + 3 elective)
- Location: Level 9, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, 3000
- Delivery Mode: This qualification is delivered through a blend of formal face to face classes at MCIE campus and online self-paced learning. (20 class hours per week)
- Assessment: Assessment strategies are significantly project-based and will include some presentation work.
- Duration: 1 year
- Prior Experience: Recognition of Prior Learning & Credit Transfer are available
- Tuition Fee: $14,000
- Materials Fee: $550
- Administration Fee: $200
You could become…
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Executive
- Social Media Marketing Manager
The unit SMMBCM501A Plan, implement and manage blog and content marketing – is a pre-requisite unit for this course.
An English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent internationally recognised exam result in line with DHA regulations or
- satisfactorily completing ELICOS at Upper Intermediate level from a NEAS endorsed English Training Centre or
- completion of secondary studies equivalent or higher to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an
English-speaking country or
- completion of MCIE English Placement Test with an overall score of 6 or above
- other tests like PTE, TOEFL and OET are also considered equivalent for direct entry into MCIE VET courses
Other entry requirements include:
Academic: Completion of senior high school or equivalent to the Australian Year 12 of education
Regulatory: A current and valid passport, A valid study visa that covers the duration of study for the course
Age at Commencement: MCIE will not accept overseas students who would be under 18 years of age at the time of proposed commencement
Special Consideration: Students who have completed one year of study in Australia (Cert III, AQF Qualification or above) are exempt from submitting Year 12 qualification or equivalent + IELTS results
Students require a laptop or tablet with the MS Office suite, at minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs installed.
Training is delivered ‘face to face’ by qualified trainers and students are required to attend each scheduled class. The trainer will moderate the learning pace, method and sequence appropriate to the learning needs. Learning methods will vary and can include case study scenarios, field trips, ‘hands-on’ practical classes, role-play techniques, discussions, presentations and assignments.
Assessment tasks and strategies cover a wide range of methods and may include the creation of specific written documents, projects or reports, formal questions (multiple choice, short and long answer), practical demonstrations, small or large group tasks, oral presentations, problem-solving tasks, case studies and discussions. Broadly classroom assessments have two or three assessment tasks for each unit of competency or module. As a general rule for major assessments, students are provided with task assessment instructions including the date the task is due for completion.
NAT10904001 Plan, implement and manage content marketing
NAT10904002 Plan, conduct and optimise organic social media marketing
NAT10904003 Plan, manage and optimise paid social media advertising
NAT10904004 Establish, build and leverage a personal brand on social media
NAT10904005 Plan, implement and manage social media conversion strategies
SIRXMKT006 Develop a social media strategy
BSBMKG552 Design and develop marketing communication plans
CUAPPR513 Present a body of own creative work
ICTWEB513 Build a dynamic website
This is Nationally Recognised Training,
leading to Australian Qualifications
Framework (AQF) qualification or a
Statement of Attainment.
An amazing opportunity to start a career in the growing Social Media industry.