Infection Control training for those in retail
COVID-19 has impacted infection control standards in a range of job roles across the economy.
This short course is for up-skilling individuals who require the skills and knowledge to decrease the risk of transmitting an infectious disease whilst carrying out retail service duties at work.
Who is this course for?
The Infection Control (Retail) skill set is for those working in customer facing retail jobs.
- National Code: HLTSS00065
- Duration: 15-25hrs (Self paced, hours may vary)
- Delivery Mode: Online – self paced
- Fee for Service Fee: $400
What you will learn
- Hand hygiene and care of hands
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning for infection control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Best practice virus and bacteria infection and control
- Where to find reliable and trustworthy information
- Minimising infection within a retail work environment
The HLTSS00065 Infection Control Skill Set (Retail) comprises of the HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures unit of competence and includes additional information specifically relevant to the retail environment.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, and industry codes of practice.
Approximately 15-25 hours of online study and assessment. You will also be required to undertake at least two hours of independent study. You will need a workplace to complete some assessment tasks.
The Fee for Service Fee is $400.
This short course is offered fully online. You will require a computer and adequate internet access to successfully complete the course. To complete the assessment, you will require a mobile device or tablet with video function. Assessment of your practical skills will be completed in realtime Face to Face sessions via an online meeting software or you may submit a video recording of yourself as you complete the assessment tasks.
As a result of COVID-19, retail workers require skills to decrease transmission of infection while undertaking their daily duties. HLTSS00065 Infection Control (Retail) is for those with existing qualifications or be delivered as a stand-alone course for those currently in the workforce without a qualification.
Suggested workplaces include:
- Large and small businesses
- Rural, regional and metropolitan areas
- Stand-alone stores
- Strip shops
- Shops in shopping centres
- Cinemas and game arcades
- Convenience stores, including petrol stations
- Retail areas within beauty salons, hairdressing salons, barbers and sporting facilities including gyms
- Indoor/outdoor markets
- Museums and galleries
- Online retail – either having a relationship with a physical store or a warehouse