Infection Control training for those in transport
COVID-19 has impacted infection control standards in a range of job roles across the economy.
This short course is for up-skilling individuals who require the skills and knowledge to decrease the risk of transmitting an infectious disease whilst carrying out their duties in transport and logistics.
Who is this course for?
The Infection Control (Transport and Logistics) Skill Set is for those working in customer-facing jobs in the transport and logistics sector.
- National Code: HLTSS00067
- Participation: 6hrs + 2hrs of practical assessment
- Duration: Varies according to the participant and assessment location 2 to 8 days
- Delivery Mode: Online – self-paced, practical assessment by Zoom, Teams or video
- Government Funded Place Fee: $0 – participant must be working, and not have already have completed a funded infection control course
- Fee for Service Fee: $400 – if not eligible for a funded place
What you will learn
- Hand hygiene and care of hands
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning for infection control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Best practice virus and bacteria infection and control
- Minimising infection within a transport and freight work environment
The HLTSS00067 Infection Control Skill Set (Transport & Logistics) comprises of the HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures unit of competence and includes additional information specifically relevant to industries which include transport & logistics. This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation.
6 hours to complete this course, plus an additional 2 hours to complete the practical assessment. You will need access to a transport and/or logistics service workplace to complete some assessment tasks. The course duration may be impacted by your hours of work and your access to the workplace for assessment. Your employer must approve some assessment of your practical skills to be conducted within your workplace (via Zoom, TEAMS or other online meeting environment or video recording).
It will take one to two working days for your assessments to be graded and a certificate to be issued.
|Government Funded*||Full Fee|
*Eligibility conditions for a Federal Government Funded place – this funding may be accessed by anyone (including international students) who is working in a relevant environment and who has not already been funded to participate in infection control training.
This short course is offered fully online. You will require a computer and adequate internet access to successfully complete the course. To complete the assessment, you will require a mobile device or tablet with video function. Assessment of your practical skills will be completed in realtime Face to Face sessions via an online meeting software or you may submit a video recording of yourself as you complete the assessment tasks.
HLTSS00067 (Transport and Logistics) Infection Control Skill Set is for those with existing qualifications or be delivered as a stand-alone course for those currently in the workforce without a qualification.
Suggested workplaces include:
Large Business through to sole traders
- Rural, regional, city areas
- Customer sites
- Roadside service areas
- Service centres
Transport and distribution
- Distribution centres / warehouses
- Client workplaces
- Commercial buildings
- Residential buildings
- Vehicles, including public transport vehicles
- Yards and storage facilities
- Supermarkets and retail facilities