Infection Control training for those in transport
COVID-19 has impacted infection control standards in a range of job roles across the economy.
This short course is for up-skilling individuals who require the skills and knowledge to decrease the risk of transmitting an infectious disease whilst carrying out their duties in transport and logistics.
Who is this course for?
The Infection Control (Transport and Logistics) Skill Set is for those working in customer facing jobs in the transport and logistics sector.
- National Code: HLTSS00067
- Duration: 15-25hrs (Self paced, hours may vary)
- Delivery Mode: Online – self paced
- Fee for Service Fee: $400
What you will learn
- Hand hygiene and care of hands
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning for infection control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Best practice virus and bacteria infection and control
- Minimising infection within a transport and freight work environment
The HLTSS00067 Infection Control Skill Set (Transport & Logistics) comprises of the HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures unit of competence and includes additional information specifically relevant to industries which include transport & logistics. This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation.
Approximately 15-25 hours of online study and assessment. You will also be required to undertake at least two hours of independent study. Your employer must approve some online assessment of your practical skills to be conducted within your workplace (via Zoom, TEAMS or other online meeting environment).
The Fee for Service Fee is $400.
HLTSS00067 (Transport and Logistics) Infection Control Skill Set is for those with existing qualifications or be delivered as a stand-alone course for those currently in the workforce without a qualification.
Suggested workplaces include:
Large Business through to sole traders
- Rural, regional, city areas
- Customer sites
- Roadside service areas
- Service centres
Transport and distribution
- Distribution centres / warehouses
- Client workplaces
- Commercial buildings
- Residential buildings
- Vehicles, including public transport vehicles
- Yards and storage facilities
- Supermarkets and retail facilities