The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) course prepares you with the practical skills and knowledge to teach English to speakers of other languages. The Certificate IV in TESOL is a highly transferable course opening doors to a wide range of jobs both in the domestic and international English teaching markets.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Course
|Information session times 11.00 am till 12.30 pm
To book your place in one of the sessions please call 1300737004 or email email@example.com
|Monday 21 January|
|Wednesday 23 January|
|Monday 28 January|
|Wednesday 30 January|
|Monday 4 February|
|Wednesday 6 February and also at 6.00pm|
|Saturday 9 February|
|Monday 11 February|
|Wednesday 13 February and also at 6.00pm|
|Saturday 16 February|
|Monday 18 February|
|Wednesday 20 February and also at 6.00pm|
Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- National Code: 10695NAT
- Units: 10 units (9 core & 1 elective)
- Location: Level 5, 250 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Delivery Method: The program includes self-paced learning, lectures and class practicums to support course outcomes. This classroom-based course is delivered by outstanding, highly experienced and qualified teachers.
- Work Placement: There is a requirement for students to successfully complete 12-hours of work-based practicum in this course.
- Duration: 26 weeks + 5 weeks summer holiday
- Assessment: Written, and classroom practicums – Students must successfully complete all assessment activities in their workbooks and 12 hours teaching practicum to meet the requirements of this course.
- Prior experience: Applicants may apply for Credit Transfer or Recognition of Prior learning please see our website for details. Conditions apply for RPL, read more here.
This course combined with an Australian Bachelor degree in any field could lead to employment opportunities in:
- Private English Colleges
- Community and Migrant Centres
- English language Intensive courses provided by Universities
As a stand-alone course, it could lead to jobs in:
- Private tutoring
- Paid work overseas
|Full Fee – Paying Student||Course Fee||$ 6,300.00|
|Enrolment Fee||N/A||Materials Fee||N/A|
Government Funded Place
|Enrolment Fee||$500.00||Materials Fee||N/A|
|Concession Fees (for Health Care Card Pensioners & ATSI)||Course Fee||Funded|
|Enrolment Fee||$100.00||Materials Fee||N/A|
|RPL and Credit Transfer Fees||Recognition of Prior Learning||Full Qualification
$ 145 per hour
|Credit Transfer||No Charge|
|Variation Statement||These fees may be subject to change before or during enrolment of the course.|
Students must complete a Pre-Training Review, meet the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skill standards for Certificate IV level study and demonstrate that they are a suitable candidate for this course. Refer to MCIE’s website for details.
Age at Commencement
It is recommended that students have attained the age of 18 by the course commencement date.
MCIE welcomes people with disabilities to apply. Approval will be subject to the person being able to undertake all tasks and requirements of the course.
Evidence of Australian citizenship or permanent residency is required. All participants require a Unique Student Identification (USI) number. If you do not have a USI number you can apply for one online at https://www.usi.gov.au/students or you can give MCIE’s admin staff permission to apply on your behalf.
This course requires students to successfully complete 10 units in total (nine core units plus one elective unit). The course is delivered over 26 weeks, six hours face-to-face and approximately eight hours of self-paced study per week.
TESCIE001 Create a culturally inclusive learning environment
TESGAE001 Use the genre approach to teach English
TESTEG001 Teach English grammar
TESTSP001 Teach spelling and pronunciation
TESTSE001 Teach speaking
TESTLE001 Teach listening
TESTRE001 Teach reading
TESTWE001 Teach writing
TESDRF001 Develop resource files
TESTEC001 Use technology to assist ESL learning
Last updated on 25/09/2018