International Student’s Pre Departure Checklist
Make sure you have completed all the following well before your departure for Australia:
- Obtain Travel Insurance (other than OSHC)
- Obtain a valid Student visa
- Students from some countries can apply online. Others need to apply to an Australian diplomatic mission. Processing time varies from one week to three months so be sure to apply early.
- Organize airport pickup
- Institute MUST receive your request and payment at least 5 working days prior to your arrival or pickup cannot be guaranteed. Pickup is from Tullamarine airport only.
- Organize your accommodation
- You will need to book accommodation for at least the first 2 weeks after your arrival.
- Check Australian customs regulations
Make copies of all important documents to bring in your hand luggage
- Letter of offer from Institute
- Electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCOE)
- Other formal Identification
- International driver’s license and/or drivers license from your home country
It is important that you have all these documents with you throughout your stay in Australia. We suggest that you put a second copy of each in your suitcase and leave a third copy at home with your family.