- If the student terminates their enrolment agreement before commencement of the course and returns, all text books and resources in an acceptable condition, a full refund including the deposit will be provided.
- If MCIE postpones a program for more than 8 weeks from original start date and no suitable program is available and the student returns all materials in an acceptable condition, a full refund including the deposit will be provided.
- If the student terminates their enrolment agreement on or after the date of commencement of the program, no refund will be provided. • If MCIE terminates a student’s enrolment agreement due to a breach of the student code of conduct, no refund will be provided.
- If the student re-enrols and commences a program under a new agreement, funds will not be transferrable, thus the student will not be entitled to any refund pertaining to the original course enrolment.
- If a statutory cooling off period applies within the State where the education program is delivered, a refund will be applicable in accordance with such statutory requirements.
- Refund of Fees can be requested in writing at time of withdrawal from course, all refunds will be processed within 28 days from request date.
Full Refund of Course Fees
MCIE will make a full refund of course fees paid in advance in the following circumstances:
- Application for a student visa is unsuccessful (MCIE reserves the right to retain an Administration Fee of $200. Fees paid in advance will be refunded within two weeks.
- If MCIE is unable to start the delivery of a course on the agreed starting date. Full refund will be made within two weeks of the course not being provided, in accordance with the refund guidelines of the ESOS act.
- MCIE will provide a partial refund of course fees paid in advance:
- Where you provide more than 10 weeks written notice of your intention to withdraw from the course prior to the course commencement. The partial refund will be less $200 Administration Fee. •
- f you provide more than 4 weeks and up to 10 weeks written notice of your intention to withdraw from the course prior to the course commencement. The partial refund will be 70% of course fees, less $200 Administration Fee.
- Where you provide less than 4 weeks written notice of your intention to withdraw from the course prior to the course commencement. The partial refund will be 25% of course fees, less $200 Administration Fee.
No Fee Refund
MCIE will not refund any fees:
- Where student withdraws from the course after commencement of the course. This includes Course Fees, Administration Fees, cost of learning resources, OSHC, airport pickup, uniform and kit costs.
- In the event where an extension to the student’s visa is not granted and the course has commenced. Students are advised not to enrol if they believe their visa will not be extended.
- In an event where a student applies and is granted approval by MCIE to transfer to another registered provider prior to completion of six months study of the principal course.
- In an event where the student’s enrolment is cancelled as a result of implementation of Student Disciplinary Policy or breach of student visa conditions.
Request for Refund
Students who wish to apply for a Refund of course fees in accordance to the Refund Policy should do so by completing the Refund Form (available at reception).
Payment of Refund
All refunds for which a student is eligible will be forwarded, within two weeks to the person who paid the fees, unless the student is transferring to another registered provider in Australia, in which case any refund may be remitted to that registered provider.
MCIE will provide the student with a statement detailing the calculation of the refund.