All international applicants must satisfy the entry requirements set out below. These requirements are designed to ensure that students have the minimum skills and abilities to succeed in their course.
Australia welcomes international students. It sets out a number of requirements that operate to regulate and protect the industry and students. Detailed information is available at the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website: www.homeaffairs.gov.au
- Completion of High School or equivalent to Australian Year 11 or higher for entry into Certificate III level courses
- Completion of High School or equivalent to Australian Year 12 or equivalent for entry into Certificate IV and Diploma level courses
English Language Requirements:
- An IELTS score with an overall test score of 5.5 for direct entry into VET courses.
- Completion of an ELICOS course exiting at the Upper Intermediate Level from an agreed NEAS approved institute.
- Completion of MCIE English Placement Test with an overall score of 6.5 or above.
- Other tests like PTE, TOEFL and OET are also considered equivalent for direct entry into MCIE VET courses.
Applicants do not need to provide evidence of English test score with their application, If one of the following applies:
- Applicant is a citizen and holds a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland.
- Applicant is enrolled full time in English course with Explore English that leads to achievement of Upper Intermediate level. A copy of completion will be required prior to commencement of the VET course.
A student who has completed one year of study in Australia (Cert III, AQF Qualification or above) are exempt from submitting Australian Year 12 or equivalent + IELTS results/English Language requirements.
Students under 18 years of Age:
MCIE does not accept enrolments from international students who are under the age of 18 at the time of international course commencement.