Does your Early Childhood Centre need Cooks?
At MCIE, we train cooks to have an understanding of work in childcare settings. Our graduates are passionate and want to contribute towards the health and wellbeing of children. All our Childcare Cooks have completed the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and possess an understanding of what it means to work as a cook in early learning childcare settings.
Our candidates come to your Childcare Centre with;
Successful completion of MCIE’s Introduction to Childcare Cook Training Program
Successful completion of the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Food Handler’s Certificate
First Aid Certificate
Valid WWC – Working With Children check
Valid National Police check
“Sujinda started with Gold Street Children’s Centre the week after completing the MCIE Childcare Cook course and has been a permanent member of our team for 18 months. Sujinda is one of the best childcare cooks Yarra City Council has ever had and we are never letting her go.”
Amanda – Apple Blossoms ELC
MCIE Childcare Cook Training Program includes hands-on training:
- Introduction to childcare learning environments
- Expectations from a cook in childcare centers
- Policies and procedures related to food in a childcare setting
- Development of skills to plan and serve a nutritious, well-balanced menu which is appealing and exciting for children
- Menu planning skills to cater to dietary or cultural requirements and allergies
- Food safety plan documentation requirements
Work rights: Our Childcare Cook Program graduates hold a valid Student Visa and are eligible to work 40 hours per fortnight. Additionally, during school holidays and once they move to a graduate visa, they can work fulltime.
“If you’re ever in need of high-quality trained Childcare Cooks then get in touch with them! I can’t rate them highly enough”
Gabby – Brighton Beach ELC