This is an internship program offered to skilled candidates that have recent and suitable hospitality experience or, have completed hospitality studies to a Diploma level within the past 12 months. Undertaking this internship allows the candidate to work full time in Australia while taking part in structured workplace based training. Positions are available in Food and Beverage, Front Office and Cookery
- Work in Australia
- Full time wage
- Spouse have work rights
- Enhance your skills
- Improve career options
Why complete a Hospitality Internship Program through MCIE?
- Enhance your skills while earning a full time salary in Australia
- Form alliances with Australian employers
- Gain recognition within your profession
- Improve your career options
- Multiple entry visa to Australia
- Interns can have their partner and children accompany them as dependents
- Intern’s spouse has work rights for 40 hours per fortnight
- Paid Australian work experience will add points for General Skilled Migration (GSM) if required
So how does the application process for the Hospitality Internship Program work?
- Hospitality Internship applications must be lodged a minimum of 15 weeks prior to an internship commencement
- All offshore candidates must complete a Skype interview before being accepted into the internship program
- Candidates must be willing to complete their internship in a hotel, resort or restaurant in any of the major tourist centers throughout Australia
- The first week in the workplace for all interns will be focused on training and induction
What are the estimated wages for Hospitality Interns?
- As an intern, you will be considered an employee of the host organisation and will be paid in accordance with Australia’s industrial relation laws
- The average hourly rate for interns is AU$16-$20. This wage may vary depending on the host organisation and internship hours
Am I eligible for this program?
In order to be eligible for the MCIE Hospitality Internship Program candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be of 18 years of age or over Have recent relevant experience (either employment or study experience) in Hospitality Experience is defined as:The equivalent of at least 12 months full time work or study, where the experience occurred in the 24 months immediately before the internship application is lodged
- Meet health and character requirements and maintain health cover
- IELTS band 5.5 minimum
- Police Clearance (either from the country of Origin or from Australia)
- Flexibility and willingness to work in rural and remote locations
- Immunisation must be current: Hepatitis B, Pertussis, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Annual Influenza vaccination and Swine Flu, Mantoux and clear X-ray for Tuberculosis