Enrolment Terms and Conditions
To view all of our terms and conditions, please refer to the International Student Handbook
Refund guidelines for MCIE observe the principles outlined in the ESOS (Education Services for Overseas Students) Act 2000. These guidelines apply equally to all new and re-enrolling students unless otherwise stated.
MCIE reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course prior to their scheduled commencement date, should it be necessary. In such circumstances, if the course is postponed by more than four weeks, and if the student is unable to enrol in a similar course at MCIE, all fees will be refunded. Refund of fees will be granted in accordance with the Refund Policy set out below.
Full Refund of Course Fees
MCIE will make a full refund of course fees paid in advance in the following circumstances:
- Application for a student visa is unsuccessful (MCIE reserves the right to retain an Application Fee of $200. Fees paid in advance will be refundedwithin two weeks.
- If MCIE is unable to start the delivery of a course on the agreed starting date. Full refund will be made within two weeks of the course not being provided, in accordance with the refund guidelines of the ESOS act.
MCIE will provide a partial refund of course fees paid in advance:Where you provide more than 10 weeks written notice of your intention to withdraw from the course prior to the course commencement. The partial refund will be less $200 Application Fee.
- If you provide more than 4 weeks and up to 10 weeks written notice of your intention to withdraw from the course prior to the course commencement.
- The partial refund will be 70% of course fees, less $200 Application Fee.
- Where you provide less than 4 weeks written notice of your intention to withdraw from the course prior to the course commencement. The partial refund will be 25% of course fees, less $200 Application Fee.
No Fee Refund
MCIE will not refund any fees:
- Where student withdraws from the course after commencement of the course. This includes Course Fees, Application Fees, cost of learning resources, OSHC, airport pickup, uniform and kit costs.
- In the event where an extension to the student’s visa is not granted and the course has commenced. Students are advised not to enrol if they believe their visa will not be extended.
- In an event where a student applies and is granted approval by MCIE to transfer to another registered provider prior to completion of six months study of the principal course.
- In an event where the student’s enrolment is cancelled as a result of implementation of Student Disciplinary Policy or breach of student visa conditions.
Request for Refund
Students who wish to apply for a Refund of course fees in accordance to the Refund Policy should do so by completing the Refund Form (available at reception).
Payment of Refund
All refunds for which a student is eligible will be forwarded, within two weeks
to the person who paid the fees, unless the student is transferring to another registered provider in Australia, in which case any refund may be remitted to that registered provider.
MCIE will provide the student with a statement detailing the calculation of the refund.
All refunds must be approved by the Finance Manager.
Exemptions to any of the above mention cases may only occur where the student has extenuating or compassionate grounds.
- Ensure that you are provided with access to the Complaints and Appeals Process
- Pay refunds in Australian dollars only, and refund onshore by cheque or offshore by telegraphic transfer
- Pay refunds within two weeks of the Refund Form, and any required documentation, being submitted
“This agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws”
Course Delivery Continuance
In the event of some unforeseeable circumstance whereby MCIE’s management is unable to meet its agreed study and training obligations to you, arrangements will be made to seek an alternative course through MCIE’s membership of the Tuition Protection Scheme (TAS) and where this arrangement may be found unsatisfactory an avenue for the refund of your course fees is available through the ESOS Assurance Fund.
Students under 18 years of Age
MCIE does not accept enrolments from students who are under the age of 18 at the time of course commencement.
Information is collected during your enrolment in order to meet our obligations under the ESOS Act and the National Code 2007; to ensure student compliance with the conditions of their visa and their obligations under Australian immigration laws generally. The authority to collect this information is contained in the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, the Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007. Information collected about you on this form and during your enrolment can be provided, in certain circumstances, to the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Protection Scheme and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager. In other instances information collected during your enrolment can be disclosed without your consent where authorised or required by law, this may include and the circumstance of any suspected breach by the student of a student visa condition.