Does you want to work as a cook in Aged Care?
This course is for inspiring and motivated Cooks who are seeking employment in Aged Care kitchen and would like to use their culinary flair to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of elderly and senior citizens.
To be eligible, you must have;
Completed a minimum of SIT30816 Certificate III in commercial cookery
Food Handlers Certificate
National Police check
Job roles & expectations
- preparation, presentation and serving of high quality food to residents in accordance with food safety legislation and workplace standards
- knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations, guidelines, standards and relevant legislation and ensuring compliance with the food safety plan at all times
- experience and knowledge of diverse and modified dietary requirements
- assisting Head Chef in menu planning ensuring the provision of choice for residents and diet requirements
- maintaining accurate kitchen documentation
- maintaining appropriate stock and overseeing ordering
- ensuring the kitchen area and equipment is cleaned and maintained to an appropriate standard
- assisting the Chef with the role of Food Safety Supervisor at the site.
- ability to take initiative and work independently within specific guidelines
- developing and maintaining key relationships with residents, staff and facility management
- a positive team player who is happy to regularly engage with food services assistants to deliver high quality service
- flexibility to work in shifts including early morning hours
Included in this Aged Care Cook program is:
- Introduction to Aged Care Quality standards
- Aged care kitchen environments including applicable legislations, frameworks, policies and procedures
- Food safety and HACCP – Food safety plan documentation and maintenance requirements
- Food nutrition and quality – including taste, variety and cultural diversity in aged care
- Introduction to IDDSI framework
- Infection control
- Client service requirements including workplace and resident expectations
- Hands on practical training in MCIE training kitchen
This program requires the candidate to complete some pre-reading of training material before attending the program which will be issued by MCIE upon enrolment.