The 2019 Victorian Student and Employer Satisfaction Survey results released by the Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) show strong satisfaction from employers and students for MCIE – the data measures high on both quality and performance.
The Department of Education and Training (DET), Victoria, under its Victorian Student and Employer Satisfaction Survey 2019, measured the responses of over 53,900 students from across 350 Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and over 9,200 responses from employers of trainees and apprentices about their training experiences and outcomes related to their respective RTOs.
The students were asked questions ranging from how and why they chose the training, their satisfaction with the training and their employment situation after the training. The employer feedback comprised of the satisfaction levels on the training experiences of their apprentice(s)/and or trainee(s) with their training providers.
For MCIE, the results for both Student Satisfaction Survey and Employer Satisfaction Survey show strong satisfaction from both employers and students. A testament to MCIE’s continued focus on providing practical education that leads to real-life job outcomes, the results also reflect on our commitment to providing an enriching learning environment focused on student centricity and high quality teaching and training standards.
Increased job benefits and high training satisfaction amongst students and employers – employer survey data puts 100% respondents satisfied with training provided by MCIE.
At MCIE, our outcomes-focused courses are designed to provide skills relevant training, empowering our students to be job-ready and to prepared to meet the needs of the industry. The survey results demonstrate that our students and employers continue to benefit from this approach. The students survey results show high satisfaction with respect to:
- 60% of MCIE respondents received a job-related benefit – compared to the Victoria state average of about 30%
- 88.4% of MCIE students would recommend the course to other students – compared to the Victoria state average of 76%
- 84.3% of MCIE students would recommend MCIE to others – compared to the Victoria state average of 76%
- 86.1% of MCIE respondents were satisfied with their training – compared to the Victoria state average of 77.5%
- 88.5% of MCIE respondents were satisfied with the flexibility of the training delivery at MCIE – compared to the Victoria state average of 75.3%
- 90.8% of the MCIE respondents also reported satisfaction with MCIE’s location- compared to the Victoria state average of 79.8%
While we are pleased with the satisfaction levels reported in the student survey by MCIE respondents, as a RTO, our focus has also always been on industry partnerships and continued engagement to ensure that the trainee(s)/and or apprentice(s), who come to us for upskilling, exceed employer expectations and develop necessary skills to not only excel at their job but to meet their career goals at all times. We are therefore happy to report the employer satisfaction results which show:
- 100% of MCIE respondents were satisfied with the training provided by MCIE – compared to the Victoria state average of 78.5%
- 83.3% of the MCIE respondents said that MCIE had improved the generic skills of their employees – compared to the Victoria state average of 59.5%
- 83.3% of MCIE respondents also said that they would recommend MCIE – compared to the Victoria state average of 59.5%
Improved satisfaction levels for students over previous year
Along with exceeding the Victoria state average on several key findings, the overall satisfaction of MCIE respondents also showed an upward trend from the previous year.
Key results include:
- Over 90% of MCIE graduates were satisfied with the training provided by MCIE
- 83.6% of MCIE respondents reported a positive perception of teaching; up 8.3% from 2018
- 82.2% of MCIE respondents reported a positive perception of the assessment process; up 5.1% from 2018
- In terms of student outcomes, 82.8% MCIE respondents achieved their main reason for training; up 6.3% from 2018
The survey results reflect the dedication of our exceptional trainers and support staff, without whom these results would not have been possible. It also reiterates our commitment that job outcomes for our students are important to us and that we strive to support them at every step of the way.
With high quality teaching standards, assistance in work placement, practical application of skills based training, project-based internships, employment opportunities through industry engagement, and pathways for higher education, MCIE offers nationally accredited courses and qualifications across multiple industry and industry sectors including hospitality, early childhood education, community care, business, leadership and management, and teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL), to both international and domestic students.
You can get in touch with us to discuss your training needs and discover how our industry renowned training can help you meet your career goals.