From the 1st of January 2015 all students undertaking nationally recognised training in Australia will need to have a Unique Student Identifier.
A USI is like an ACCOUNT number made up of letters and numbers. It will give you direct access to your USI ACCOUNT. Your USI ACCOUNT will enable access to your training records and results through your computer, tablet or even smart phone, anywhere, anytime.
You’ll also be able to see, send or print out your training records when applying for a job or further training. Each time you enrol with a new training provider your USI will be required, so they can make sure your records and results are placed into YOUR ACCOUNT. You only need one USI number for all your training and it’s yours for life.
To create your USI, just follow these quick and easy steps:
- Visit the USI website and have one form of valid ID ready. This could be your driver’s license, Medicare card, Passport or any others listed on the website
- Once you have agreed to the terms and conditions you’re ready to go
- To start – enter some personal details including your name, address and date of birth
- Next – enter the details on your form of ID. This will make sure your account is unique to you
- To finish – set up your security questions, then choose a password for your account